Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Write On Con - Day 3 Highlights

I'm guest blogging over at Misha's My First Book blog. Check it out here.


WriteOnCon was EPIC. 
I'm so sad it's over, but an awesomeness so massive could not be sustained for long.
PLUS - I got a partial request from an agent out of it, so YAY!

HIGHLIGHTS!
(and keep in mind, these are only events the ones that I found most useful. All of the con is available (as well as last year's con content) on the site. Support Write On Con, if you can. So we can all attend again next year!)

Natalie Fischer, Anici Rissi, and Kathleen Ortiz Pro Panel - Fun and informative. I never knew agents were so snack fixated. This is a good thing as I'm all about the snacks.


A cute post on dialogue (and how not to do it) by Tina Wexler. She pretty much lifted the dialogue from, like, all my first drafts...


And I have to shout out the R-E-S-P-E-C-T post by Kiersten White. First, because she brings down Avada Kedavra on people who disrespect and secondly because I'm smack in the middle of Supernaturally and really enjoying it (like want to take it into the bath with me but won't because it's a library book).


Hope you guys all had as much fun as I did - did you? What did you enjoy the most? What was the most surprising aspect?

3 comments:

  1. I didn't make the conference, but I DO appreciate the way you allowed us to follow along with you.

    And a big congrats on the partial request! Hope it goes super well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved WriteOnCon! And congrats on your partial request. *jealous* I'm a fellow YA campaigner stopping by to say hi! New follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...