Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Madness is:

Trying to get writing done in the days before school starts. Yet, I AM MAD.
I'm almost a third of the way through FIND ME and I'm so freaking pleased with myself, I must be annoying my friends and family. I just love Mop and her story, her world so much.

As a result of writing while buying glue sticks and plaid skirts, I have let the blog slide a little. I was shocked to realize that I hadn't updated in two weeks - yikes. I will don the hair shirt and get out the cat-o-nine tails (mixing religious and pirate metaphors there, I think) as a penance, but in the meantime:

YA FEST GIVE AWAY
Over at Bucks County Writer's Group we're giving away awesomesauce signed books. SEE!

All this can be YOURS!
Just head over to the Bucks County Writer's Group site, comment saying 'i want a chance at swag' or something similar, and follow us, if you don't already. You have until the end of August to enter (please enter just once! GOOD LUCK!

BOOKS I WILL BE DIVING INTO AS SOON AS SCHOOL STARTS:
GIRL OF NIGHTMARES by Kendare Blake
TOUCHED by Cyn Balog
WHY WE BROKE UP by Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman

So when the weather crisps, the apples bake and the sweater weather returns triumphant, what books will you be curling up with?

4 comments:

  1. I also think it's really cool that you knew a character was missing from the FIND ME world, and waited patiently for him to arrive. I can't wait to meet him!

    1. Destined by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
    2. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
    2. Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOOOVE The Eyre Affair - I warn you, it's addictive and leads to heavy sequel usage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to hear the expressions of someone who LOVES their story. ^_^

    Here are some of the books near the top of my pile:

    Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
    The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney
    My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelina. I don't know whether to thank you or scowl at you for adding three awesome sounding reads to my already groaning TBR pile. I'll be gracious and say thanks, but I'm going to forego some sleep to get all the lovely books in. Oh well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...