Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I've got:
Corpse Bride & Nightmare Before Xmas for the eldest
Dora's Halloween for the youngest
Shadow of the Vampire and Shaun of the Dead for me and husband.

I've got:
Whoopie pies in the oven
Enough peanut butter cups to fell a horse
A slightly dubious Coraline costume

I've got:
an awesome roasted pumpkin seed recipe (below)
And a little germ of an idea to attack for the start of NaNoWriMo tomorrow.

How are you enjoying your Halloween?

Finally, I leave you with a sweet, spooky little video courtesy of Spike Jones. Be forewarned, it's got adult language/situation, so if that might bother you, please censor yourself, my friend!



Spike Jonze: Mourir Auprès de Toi on Nowness.com.



Have a wonderful, safe, sweet Halloween!

Roasted Pumpkin Seed recipe:
(Disclaimer - I'm super sucky at measurements, so don't expect precision!)

1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Disembowel your pumpkin. Rise away all the orange guts until you're left just with the seeds.
Dry off the seeds. (A big pumpkin will net you about a 1 1/2 cups of seeds)
3) In a bowl, combine seeds with 2 teaspoons of melted butter.
4) Throw in a couple of dashes of Worst This Year sauce. (Worcestershire to you.)
5) Instead of salt, I use a couple of sprinkles of garlic salt.
6) Spread seeds in one layer on a pre-greased baking sheet.
7) Bake for 45 minutes. Stir a couple of times just for kicks.
8) They will be burning hot when you take them out so be careful. Let them sit for 5 minutes.
9) Scarf some down before your kids get their mitts on them and eat them all.



4 comments:

  1. Yum, roasted pumpkin seeds! Sounds like you're all set for the day. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking what a sweet, perfect ending that video had - then the credits came on - and finished it off perfectly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live for Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. Actually have some stashed for all the time I'll be spending at my keyboard for Nano. How did yesterday go for you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sarah - I know, the end of the video kind of makes it, doesn't it?
    @Lindy - I know, it's a guilty pleasure along with frozen junior mints. I did 1542 words yesterday on a story that has no plot yet. How about you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...