Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Who's Going to BEA?


I've never been to Book Expo America (May 28 - May 30) and am really looking forward to it. I know there's some controversy about BookCon on May 31st, which is a reader-facing con (to make it really overly simplistic it boils down to: We Need Diverse Books and get Grumpy Cat instead. I actually think Book Con is trying to address this with a panel on Dystopian featuring Veronica Roth, Marie Lu, Danielle Page and Alaya Dawn Johnson. We shall see.)

I'm going on Wednesday for the Book Blogger conference and I'll be there Friday and Saturday.
So, if you've been to BEA before - what should I know? What should I definitely do and definitely, under pain of humiliation, NOT DO?

If you're going to BEA this year, let me know if comments so we can get together - I'd love to meet.

Finally, what are you excited about?

Here's a short list of what I'm pumped about:

  • Maureen Johnson's Keynote on Wednesday
  • Tiger Beat with Libba Bray (please do a Prince cover, PLEASE!)
  • Bob Shea & Lane Smith autographing on Friday
  • The Graphic Novel Today panel on Saturday
  • And the Macmillan booth because I *hear* (the books speak to me, you know) it will be EPIC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...