Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Epic. Victorian. Fail

An inauspicious start to the TBR Challenge. I must stop reading the Woman in White. I'm not saying that I won't go back to it, I'm just saying it was a mistake to start with a convoluted Victorian Era 'sensation' novel that, while original at the time of it's publication (1859), has had it's plot 're-done' re-purposed and re-ripped off so many times that I can see what's coming up behind me, even as I run through the trees, trailing my long skirts and petticoats, seeking to escape my oppressive husband to no avail.

Ahem, sorry, got carried away. Again, not saying it isn't atmospheric, interesting, colorful and lots of other good things. It's just not the read to get me started on this challenge. At this rate, I could still be reading about Count Fosco's waistcoats in March. SO! I'm not giving up, I'm giving Wilkie a rest.

And now for something completely different. Next is A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. Hoping I get schooled in some creepy YA fantasy.

PS. Is Count Fosco's Waistcoat a good band name? I'm smelling indie gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...