Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

N is for No Way - I got Another Award

And for The National

Blog awards are like high-fives and hugs from people you don't know, but not in a, like, creepy way. In a lovely, community building way. I'm so thankful that people like my blog. Woot!

Shannon Lawrence at warrior muse gave me this versatile blogger award. Now I get to tell you seven things about myself, some of which might even be true:

  1. I'm an event planner in my non-writing life
  2. I dream of owning chickens one day - hopefully Buff Orpingtons
  3. I'm an indifferent knitter and gardener but I keep making seven foot scarves and growing scraggly tomatoes. You could call it preserverance or bloody mindedness, up to you
  4. London is my favorite city, followed by Edinburgh
  5. I used to live in London, Balham to be exact. I often still wish I lived there. Then I wonder how I'd fit chickens in a city flat.
  6. My best friend lives in Laramie Wyoming. Before that she lived in Lubbock, Texas. I've visited her in both places and found unexpected beauty.
  7. My husband looks a bit like Jim Reid from Jesus & Mary Chain, only, regrettably, without the Glaswegian accent.

Now the hard part. I need to nominate fifteen blogs of my acquaintance for the self-same Versatile Blogger Award. There's no shortage of great blogs, it's picking just fifteen that's hard. Here are some great ones I found. Check them out!

  1. And then she was like blah blah blah - great title for a blog!
  2. Perri at Lesser Apricots
  3. PK Hrezo
  4. Nick at Who ate My Brain
  5. Tallie Roland
  6. Lisa at Read.Write.Repeat
  7. Cherie at Surrounded by Books
  8. Liz at Liz Writes Books
  9. Laura, my writing group bud, at Writing Unleashed
  10. Paper Swamp
  11. Talei at Musings of an Aspiring Scribe
  12. Catherine at Winged Writer
  13. Jen at Unedited
  14. Theodoric at Mythopoeicrambling
  15. Lyra at Lyrical Meanderings
If you have won an award, virtual hugs to you! Here's what you can do: You can grab the image and post it on your blog, linking back to this site. On your next post you can write about winning the award while listing seven true-ish things about yourself. You can then gift fifteen other blogs you like with the award (see above) to pay the love forward. Or you can do nothing at all. It's all good, no pressure here. 

13 comments:

  1. thanks, carrie. Who knew electronic hugs were so cozy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah!! *high fives!* Congrats Magpie, and thank you so much for thinking of my blog. Much appreciated. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award! And thank you so much for awarding My Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award!! Stopping by from the A to Z challenge. I hope you will check me out too!!

    Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Magpie! I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to own land and some chickens some day, too. My hubby has been to London and Edinburgh, but not me...YET.

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't this challenge great! congrats on your award =)
    Happy N Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your award! I love reading your blog, and I wanted to thank you for passing the virtual high five my way. It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thanks! What a nice surprise! And nice to learn more about you! Congrats on your high five and here's one back at ya. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award, and thank you so much for passing it my way - much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great. Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...